Monday, July 17, 2006

In praise of ... Kylie Minogue

I never would have imagined myself as a Kylie Minogue fan, but she's used her celebrity status to make a difference. Even if I think her music is disposable pop dance fluff, I respect her resolve.

Here are some quotes from her interview this weekend about fighting Breast Cancer;
"...I was just completely thrown into another world"
"I don't want to go into the doom and gloom of it. It's hard"
“The family's totally ... it's like a bomb has dropped"
"It's a very steep learning curve"

Asked at what moment the news she had cancer sunk in, she replies: "It's still sinking in."

Minogue admits her parents were upset when she opted to have chemotherapy in Paris, the home of her boyfriend, rather than near their home in Melbourne. Sound familiar?

Keep up the fight!

Guardian Unlimited Arts Arts news In praise of ... Kylie Minogue

No comments: