Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Delicate Chemical Balance

We had a great long weekend. The sun shone and it was a beautiful summer weekend in Quebec.

Sylvie and Pierre gave us the keys to the pool. Between God, exercise writing and memories like going swimming with Vianne and Pace on a sunny afternoon help give me the strength I need.
Pace was going on strong. She is not going to look weak if she can. She can sleep for 12 to 16 hours a day but when she's up, she's up!

We got to the train about 10 minutes before I had to go. The chemical equation had unbalanced. Pace was white as a sheet. Her lipstick looked dark even though it was flesh tone. "I don't have my pills" she said as she took off for the bathroom. She made it back for a couple of minutes to get me on the train and then disappeared to the car. I knew there was going to be a few nausea stops on the 30 minute trip from Dorval to Oka.

Pierre and Vianne waved me off. Vianne loves the "choo-choos, just like her Papa. I know Lucienne Fortier is up in heaven smiling and reminiscing as her great grand daughter and grandson thrill in the momentum of the train rolling by. Watching my family disappear from the window is bittersweet, but it brings smiles to everyone’s face.

When I got home Pace and I traded messages; they stopped 4 times on the way back to "la maison." Once she got to her pills the delicate physiological chemical balance was re-established, once again life is as rosy as it gets these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salut Pascale,
Hi Robert,

I have been reading your blog for couple of months now. I am praying for you guys, knowing that it is not an easy time for your little family.

Pascale, you are a strong woman. I know that you can win this battle. I am sure though that some of the days you and Robert might feel a little overwhelmed by all of this. It is normal. You are lucky to have Robert and Vianne your little sunshine in your life. Do you realize that despite, all that is going on now, you are holding a treasure, a husband that loves you and will do anything to make you feel better and a beautiful little girl that puts smiles on your face.

Life is full of surprises and challenges. This adventure will surely transform some of your outlooks on life, but one thing is sure, you will always be a wonderful person to have around. Remember, I used to call you the little "Everyready bunny" when we worked together. I guess your rechargeable batteries need a little tune up at the moment but when they are fully charged again, watch out everybody :-))))

I pray for you every week and wish you a prompt recovery.

Nathalie Rivard