Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saturday in the Country

The wee one was up at 7:30 am today. I should feel blessed knowing my sister Maggie’s kids are up at 6:30 but I still felt like I was wading through Jell-O® until I got two mugs of Joe into the blood system.

Once we took care of Pace, the wee one and I went out for a major walk to the swings and slides. Well I walked, most often with the wee one hung onto my legs until I put her up on my shoulders. Pace got a good sleep in the morning and then again when I put down the wee one in the afternoon.

Later in the afternoon all three of us went for a walk over to Hugette’s farm. Well Pace and I walked; the wee one admired the view from about 5 feet above the street. We ate prunes and apples fresh from the tree as well as raspberries, ground cherries and grapes fresh off the vine.

I did not count on having to carry both the wee one and the three bags of fruit that we bought back to the house. It must have been a funny sight because everyone that drove by stared at us as if we were aliens; me with three full plastic bags hanging alongside my hips from my belt, the wee one on my shoulders waving and screaming hello at the cars, and Pace with her peach fuzz hair, alabaster skin fashionable Capris and sandals walking alongside.

Pace said that was the first time that she had been for a walk since the operation. When we got back she went back to bed, Vianne watched “Buzz Buzz Buzz!” and your’s truly cooked up a pasta primavera with tomatoes, zucchini and scallions fresh from the garden and then I finished off with raspberries and ice cream for desert. Harvest is such a great time of the year.

This evening Pace gave Vianne a Bull’s-eye replica from Toy Story 2. The wee one was overjoyed. She ran around the house with Bull’s-Eye flying through the air beside her like a jet propelled horse. Then to our amusement she put him on the floor and pretended she was riding him. We all laughed and reveled in the moment.

No comments: