Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sideswiped on a Wednesday night

Tonight I finished up my last class at the University for this term and most of the class went out for a celebratory drink. It was a great night and I was in a great mood.

I got home and called Pace to say good-night, before she hung up she started to say something and then said forget it. I knew something was up and it sure didn't have the tone saying "I'm pregnant!"

I figured it was bad news about her friend Helen's condition.
"What's up?" I asked
"I've got a lump in my breast."
She said it was totally different than anything she'd ever felt before.

Pace's Mom recovered from Breast Cancer 3 years ago so I told Pace to talk to her Mom and get her advice. Still, her mom was 54, Pace is only 41.

I'm feeling totally sideswiped and I slept maybe 3 hours last night. She's too young for this!

No comments: