Monday, February 12, 2007

Pre-operative events

Pace got prodded and tested again from 7:00 am till 1:30pm with pre-operative tests. Everything seems like it is a go for the operation.

I took Pace out for a dim sum late lunch. It was the first time in a while that we've been alone and we spent some time talking about what we'd like to focus on once we get the other side of this operation. We just enjoyed each other's company.

We got back to Hopital St-Luc for Pace's 6:30 check-in. As we get to her room there is a sign on the door not to enter without talking to the nursing station first. At the station they tell us that there was a suspicion that the other woman in the room had contracted "C. difficile" and that her tests had come back negative. So I got Pace set up in her room, made sure she was comfortable with everything she neeeded and went to la maison to spend some time with the wee one.

As I was reading the wee one her bedtime story I fell asleep twice, dropping the book on her. "Popa! what are you doooing?"
"Sorry, unh, where were we?" and I continued reading

I woke up 11 hours later feeling still tired but peaceful and the wee one was still in the crook of my arm.

No comments: