Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Biopsy and Christmas Parties

Pace got her biopsy on the 23rd and then got on a train with the wee one to come home for my family's Christmas gathering. She didn't want to spend the Christmas party talking about her cancer and so I relayed her wishes to my brothers and sisters.

I didn't think to tell them not to hug her too hard. That was a painful oversight.

The hospital performed 2 "punch" biopsies of the tumor to grab enough cells to grow a culture, think of a straw with a claw on the end. Then they did a needle biopsy on the left breast to see if there are precancerous growths there or not.

The results of the culture should be ready for the 5th. I don't know if we have access to them at that time or not. So for now we'll spend time over the holidays with family and friends.

No comments: