Saturday, July 26, 2014

Robert my hair's falling out

Just as I was going to bed last night Pace came down to the TV room saying she couldn't sleep but didn't what to talk about why.

So we sat up and watched a couple of episodes of The Blacklist; then I went to bed because I was tired. I am renovating the basement. I had to cut 45 corners for the baseboards, about a quarter of them are coped. Pace thinks it looks professional, that's all that maters.

So she asked me to look at her pillow it was full of hair this morning. Turns out it had been like that for a couple of days. She then rubbed her hands through her hair and it fell like snow. I think it's still pretty thick but she says she sees holes.

It's kinds cruel that a lot of the chemotherapy drugs cause womens' hair to fall out. For guys it's less of a deal. Shaving the head has taken on a cool factor, for men only.

A woman's identity is defined by hairstyle, women pay attention to each others hair, and men yours too. Cancer takes so much from people including their self-identity. That's why Pace is finding this so hard.

No comments: