Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Follow up appointments

Pace saw her oncologost yesterday and try as I might to distract myself, it was an anxiety filled day. My intuition screamed at me to call her about 8:30. Aprehensively I picked up the phone and called her. It turned out to be a classic case of having no control over a section of your life. Pace was touched that I was worried about her but this is a maintenance appointment at the dctor, no big deal.

Regardless, she had talked with Dr. Rami about her pains in the outside of her breast. He told her it was probably a buildup of scar tissue, of she wanted she should call the plastic surgeon. He has scheduled a series of tests including MRIs and mamograms to be sure all is well.

Pace asked about the potential for metastasis given the aount of women she has met recently that are dealing with cancer reappearing. Dr. Rami told her to that the surgery was successful, the chemo was effective, and she's going to see her little girl grow up. Cancer is behind you.

Whew!

No comments: